combivir/fatloss?

Hello Doc I am on a regimen now containing combivir and sustiva. I am a little concerned regarding combivir because it is containing AZT> I switched to this regimen because of some slow progression to facial fat loss which I suffered from other combo (Viracept I thought) . It is a great combination now because of the very few pills I have to pop. Is there a possibility to switch the combivir to something else in order to prevent progression from the AZT? I was prior to that on combivir and viracept. 700 tc4 always been undetectable and never below 450. Poz 5 yrs. Thank you Jack

Response from Dr. Moyle

Dear Jack, certainly it is possible that the AZT could contribute so (depending on your past treatment/resistance history) switching the AZT to abacavir or tenofovir would be a reasonable plan to support fat recovery. Remember that this recovery will be slow. This switch will also enable your regimen to become even easier...just once a day

Regards Graeme Moyle

Constant Itching
Facial lipid bumps