|Blue Nails & HIV?
Dec 7, 2003
My brother contracted HIV and now has blue finger nails. His doctor (he is in a state prison) tells him it is nothing, just put on gloves. They are dark blue! His skin in very pale. He is over 6 ft tall and now weighs 150. I am worried. His viral count is still around 44,000. He was diagnosed with HIV only a couple of years ago. Are blue nails common with HIV? Thanks
Response from Dr. Moyle
I have not heard or seen this association. Nail darkening during antiretroviral therapy is reported (most often with AZT) but the nails are not blue. Perhaps a nail clipping could be sent for fungal culure Regards Graeme
whats proper wieght for a female 4ft 11inches?
- Burning Red Spots After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Precum Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.