Testosterone, Some Types Don't Work

Hi. I have been having a problem with testosterone for 2 years now. I currently am on Depo but before I took the other shot and tried the gels too. The depo makes me border line "rage". The gel didn't work, even at two packs a day. The other shot (don't remember the name) didn't work either. Is it common for some types to work and others not?

Also, for the feelings of rage, would working out subside them? I guess I am thinking that the testosterone would be used up and not cause the heightened feelings but that might be wrong.

Response from Dr. Moyle

What does work mean? To me it means getting testosterone into the high end of the normal range. This may not be associated with any effect that is obvious to the recipient. Negative mood changes with testosterone suggest you ar getting too much...this is a reversible side effect and a clear indication to stop or reduce dose. Several issues need discussing with your doctor: do you need testosterone (i.e. do you have documented repeatedly low testosterone with symptoms What are the realistic goals of intervention? Which intervention achieves these goals?

In general, gels avoid highs and lows and if used correctly should easily restore a persistently low testosterone to normal

Regards

Graeme Moyle

all other factors ruled out
on the subject of wasting