|all other factors ruled out
Nov 26, 2003
Good Evening Dr.
What do you say to someone who has ruled out all possible reasons for wasting: his diet/exercise is not the issue; he doesn't have mal-absorption; and his metabolism hasn't spead up. How does one try to combat the wasting that is a result from the presence of the HIV itself? Or would you submit that there is no such thing?
Response from Dr. Moyle
Often the cause is hard to find....increased metabolism, hormonal changes, effects of medication on nutrient handling, a chronic infection....It certainly sounds like you should work closely with your Doctor on both finding the cause and finding the right way to manage the problem
Testosterone, Some Types Don't Work
- Swollen Lymph Glands Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Swollen Lymph Nodes Sign Of Seroconversion
- Fever After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Unprotected Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have
- Runny Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.