I am on 4mg of avandia to help facial lipoatrophy . I have been on it for about 9 months now and have not seen any improvement, maybe in fact a slight worsen (though that could be the meds or ?.) The meds I am on are the friendlier ones (abc, viread, viramune). My question is could the avandia be making the lipo worse? Is it worth staying on the avandia for at least a full year or just stop now since I am seeing no difference? I know it may take a year or more for some fat to recover. Thank you for your time.

Response from Dr. Moyle

The available data on avandia are conflicting and results of a large study are expected in Feb 04. I would stick with it for now and review the results with your doctor at that time. All the fat recovery studies suggest it talkes more than a year for recovering fat to become obvious

Graeme Moyle

How long is Winstrol (stanazol) testable in body?
Please answer