|cmv question - please answer this
Nov 12, 2003
this is not hiv specific, but it is wasting related.
i realize that cmv can cause wasting when added to an already hiv infected person.
what about a person with prolonged salmonella infection? could the cmv create similar wasting effects on a person with an already burdoned immune system due to various bacterial infections?
Response from Dr. Moyle
Please note this is a forum to help people living with HIV.
Any chronic infection could contribute to weight loss over time.
twist gene in fruit flies
veins burning muscle??
- Ethical Issues On Improper Disclosure Of Protected Health Information On Patients With Hiv Or Aids
- Can Having A Herpes Outbreak Cause A False Positive Hiv Test?
- Endoscopy Hiv Hepatitis Scare
- Can U Get Hiv From Someone's Blood Getting In Your Food?
- Primary Hiv Rash Characteristics
- Can You Get Hiv From Pedicure?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.