A WOMAN'S TOUCH, MY CONFLICT

Dr. DAVE,

I am a female who has always been physically active. I had one exposure with a man who was poz and thus converted. Now only a year and a half down the line I have noticed substantial temple wasting. I always run about 4 miles a day. Like a (few others who posted and a few because it seems that we are either in the minority or many others just don't write it about this) I HAVE NEVER BEEN ON HIV MEDICINES!!!! NEVER EVER!!! I too encourage researchers to come up with new ways to understand and be able to reverse the facial wasting. As a female, it is really killing my beauty not to mention my once active sex life. It's just not fair! I am only 20 years old! I understand that there are cosmetic procedures and efforts are underway to understand drugs that cause this, and that's all great! But it is important to note that there are some like me who have temple wasting with this condition and this alone is such a debilitating side effect that it can ruin one's life and daily course of events. Tell me something I can look forward to please.

Gina

Dear Gina,

I think it would help if you can also share what your CD4 cell count and age are and if you have lost any weight in the last few years. Also, is the running new or something you have been doing a long time?

Thanks, DW

Captain Sexy
duration of infection