|Carnitine deficiency Hiv related
Nov 2, 2003
I was having general aches,pains & lethargy and found to have LCarnitine deficiency HIV Related.Can you explain?
Response from Dr. Moyle
It is possible that HIV drugs (especially 'd' nucleoside analogs ddI, d4T, ddC) may affect carnitine metabolism. This has been suggested to be involved in neuropathy and supplements of carnite may help. Carnitine is derived from meat (Latin: carne)and it may be possible for dietary deficiency to contribute. Carnitine deficience may also effect lipid metabolism. Regards Graeme Moyle
Early HIV exposure questions from Singapore
weight loss and
- Groin Pain After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.