Early HIV exposure questions from Singapore

I would just like to ask, is it possible to be exposed to HIV but not get infected? I have heard that there are post-exposure HIV drugs that can be taken in 72 hours from exposure? Is it true?

Thanks Mike from Singapore

Response from Dr. Moyle

Yes, there are many cases described and many reasons established. There is a case control study showing that health care workers may be protected by post exposure prophylaxis, animal studies suggest that taking HIV drugs after a sexual exposure should work (the sooner the better). This type of prevention is far from foolproof. Always best to avoid the exposure in the first place Regards Graeme Moyle

Thanks for the truth about New Fill
Carnitine deficiency Hiv related