Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Lipodystrophy and WastingLipodystrophy and Wasting

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

supplements for facial wasting?
Oct 23, 2003

Dr. Moyle,

Are there any supplements, prescriptions, or even any studies now which show that perhaps taking a certain supplement or drug might reduce lipoatrophy from occuring. I am in a pickle since I am not on meds and feel great yet have already began to facial waste. I have no idea how to reverse this, but would really prefer an alternative to cosmetics if possible. Any suggestions or findings? Thanks.

Martin

Response from Dr. Moyle

Dear Martin, the answer at present is no. However, facial wasting is rare off therapy and so you should siscuss this with your physician to invsetigate whether there are, for example, hormonal problems that are influencing this. Eating a 'heart healthy' diet with adequate calories to maintain a normal weight for your heaight and exercising regularly are the basis of all management advice

I hope this gives some starting points for you

Regards

Graeme Moyle

Previous
What percent get problems?
Next
TIME FOR ACTION IS NOW!!! PLEASE POST!!! :-)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.