combivir vs ziagen

Hello, Most everything I have read in regards to changing therapies to stop, or possibly reverse, the effects of facial lipoatrophy tout abacavir as the replacement for d4t. I tried abacavir and suffered hypersensitivity - my doctor switched me to combivir right away. Is this an effective therapy to posibly halt progression, evebn though combivir contains azt? Or is there something else I can do? Thank you.

Response from Dr. Moyle

My experience (in a trial) is that AZT based regimens do not allow fat recovery but others have had different experiences. In cases of abacavir HSR I now use tenofovir as a replacement. Check with your doctor that this drug is an appropriate choice for you

Regards

Graeme

Use of Tamoxifen for men
Needs Advice