dental trouble due to hiv complications?

hi dr. moyle

ever since i can remember, my dental profile has been impeccable. UNTIL NOW! it seems since my poz diagnosis (caught it early) my teeth have been getting this charcoal colored film on them - mainly on the inside bottom row (or maybe that's the only part i get a good look at). I made a trip to the dentist and he drilled the stuff off, and brushed them well until there was none of it left. now, only 3 months later, the film is back! and this time it's worse than last time!! is this something you have witnessed in your practice, or even heard of? does this mean my teeth are going to fall out soon or something bad like this will be unavoidable? thank you in advance.

Response from Dr. Moyle

I am not a dentist but I have not seen this type of problem developed as a result of starting HIV medication. Is possible you have had an infection in your mouth and it may be worthwhile seeing your dental hygienist regularly for a while to sort to the problem out.

Best wishes

Graeme Moyle

combivir /sustiva..which is the culprit??
Fat won't come back!