|change in viral load test
Sep 27, 2003
I have change the medicins from: lamivudine, zerit, novir and Invirase to: Lamivudine, abacavir and stocrin in October/2002. In january I did a Viral load test and the result was indetectable (<400 /mL) and cd4=765/cd8=1563. In july/2003 I did the viral load test again and the result was 81 copies HIV-1/ml and cd4=713/cd8=1080. My question : Are the treatment failing? or this level of viral load could be temporary? Thanks,
Response from Dr. Moyle
Technical 'blips' or bounces in the viral load test are common around 50 and several studies have shown are not important unless repeatable and rising. Just have a repeat test done in a couple of weeks time
Newfill after care
- Herpes After Precum Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Touching Vaginal Fluid Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.