change in viral load test

I have change the medicins from: lamivudine, zerit, novir and Invirase to: Lamivudine, abacavir and stocrin in October/2002. In january I did a Viral load test and the result was indetectable (<400 /mL) and cd4=765/cd8=1563. In july/2003 I did the viral load test again and the result was 81 copies HIV-1/ml and cd4=713/cd8=1080. My question : Are the treatment failing? or this level of viral load could be temporary? Thanks,

Response from Dr. Moyle

Technical 'blips' or bounces in the viral load test are common around 50 and several studies have shown are not important unless repeatable and rising. Just have a repeat test done in a couple of weeks time

Regards

Graeme Moyle

Newfill after care
rayataz