|change in viral load test
Sep 27, 2003
I have change the medicins from: lamivudine, zerit, novir and Invirase to: Lamivudine, abacavir and stocrin in October/2002. In january I did a Viral load test and the result was indetectable (<400 /mL) and cd4=765/cd8=1563. In july/2003 I did the viral load test again and the result was 81 copies HIV-1/ml and cd4=713/cd8=1080. My question : Are the treatment failing? or this level of viral load could be temporary? Thanks,
Response from Dr. Moyle
Technical 'blips' or bounces in the viral load test are common around 50 and several studies have shown are not important unless repeatable and rising. Just have a repeat test done in a couple of weeks time
Newfill after care
- Could Runny Nose Be A Sign Of Primary HIV Infection
- Chills After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Hpv After Sucking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Red Spots After Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Is It Possible To Have Sores On You Private Part Without It Being An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.