|no improvement after drug switch
Sep 26, 2003
Dear Dr Moyle: I did a switch off azt to viread due to facial wasting. I am currently on viread,abc and viramune. Been on for about 3 months. Doing good on the combo from a lab point of view but my facial wasting is still getting worse. I wasn't expecting (but maybe hoping) for a improvemnt but was hoping it would not get worse and stop. I am under 40, healthy, excerise regulary, have a great diet. Am I being impatient? If it continues to worsen, are there any other combos that may be helpful? Thank you for your time.
Response from Dr. Moyle
I am afraid you are being impatient....after 2 years you might have 50% of what you lost back and the face may be the slowest to recover. You are on a 'low risk' combo so stick with it but be patient.
- Will All Patients With Hiv Develop Full-blown Aids?
- Can Two Men That Don't Have Hiv Or Any Other Std Still Get Hiv From Unprotected Sex?
- Does Hiv Survive In The Open Environment?
- Is Esophageal Candidiasis Contagious?
- What Do You Do If You Accidentally Inject Yourself With Hiv Needle?
- How Does Having An Std Make You More Susceptible To Having Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.