no improvement after drug switch

Dear Dr Moyle: I did a switch off azt to viread due to facial wasting. I am currently on viread,abc and viramune. Been on for about 3 months. Doing good on the combo from a lab point of view but my facial wasting is still getting worse. I wasn't expecting (but maybe hoping) for a improvemnt but was hoping it would not get worse and stop. I am under 40, healthy, excerise regulary, have a great diet. Am I being impatient? If it continues to worsen, are there any other combos that may be helpful? Thank you for your time.

Response from Dr. Moyle

I am afraid you are being impatient....after 2 years you might have 50% of what you lost back and the face may be the slowest to recover. You are on a 'low risk' combo so stick with it but be patient.

Regards

Graeme

Swollen Glands...
Metformin