Sep 23, 2003
When someone who has has tested positive has swollen lymphnodes, how long does it take for the swelling to go away?... Particularly under the chin?
Response from Dr. Moyle
They may stay around for a long time...even if you are on treatment. Glands in the neck region seem to be the most affected in HIV according to recent reseach. However, your doctor may wish to do a throat swab and syphillis serology and perhaps a chest Xray to rule out other common causes of swollen glands before blaming it on HIV. If one gland suddenly starts growing then it should be reomoved.
Genotype testing with no viral load
no improvement after drug switch
- How Long Do The Glands Stay Swollen During The Acute Stage Of Hiv?
- How Long Do Glands Stay Swollen When Infected With Hiv?
- Flu Symptoms After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Ejaculation After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.