Facial Fill Options

HI Doc,

My reason for writing is about my face. To fill you in on me...I was on zerit for a few years and now have facial wasting. I have been off of it now for about 3 months. My numbers are all very healthy. I went to a doctor in NYC about New Fill for my face, I wasnt comfortable with this doctor, he has no cosmetic surgery credentials and the product isnt FDA approved because its my face that made me nervous. So I ruled that out. Then I went to a plastic surgeon and discussed fat injections, when I called back the doctor to set up the surgery, he informed me I didnt have enough fat on my stomach to fill my face! I had purposely gained weight for this surgery and went from a 30 inch waist to a 34inch waist. My face isnt that horrendous that I would need that much fat! So now Im very confused as to what my other options are. Do you think this second second doctor was just hiv preduced and didnt want to do the surgery? I hope Im not rambling, Im just at a loss as to what to do now. Im not happy with my face and want to fix it. Any advise you can offer is very much appreciated.

Respectfully,

confused and upset

Response from Dr. Moyle

Dear confused and upset,

There are wide range of cosmetic options for the treatment of lipoatrophy in the face the details of which can be found at facialwasting.org.

These treatments have not been directly compared and some are not licensed by the FDA might have been licensed by authorities elsewhere in the world such as in Europe. Fat transfer is often considered a poor option as at least anecdotally it can lead to a lumpy appearance and that the fat may start wasting soon after it is transferred. For the time being I think it is properly best to look at artificial fillers until more researchers done. Alternatively as you have made some changes to your therapy all you may need to do is wait and you should gradually see improvement in your facial appearance.

I hope this helps

Graeme Moyle

delaying the onset of lipo
can cosemtic surgery make the veins dissapear!