Is this wasting? [non-HIV]

Dr,

Two mos after possible exposure to HIV my wrists & forearms have thinned (watchband too big now), my legs have thinned considerably(particularly around calves and lower thighs), and my cheeks seem thinner. I've tested HIV negative to antibodies thru 8 mos+, but also developed nueropathy, chronic dry mouth, malabsorption and low testosterone. Am 44 year old white male. Could this be wasting if I'm truly HIV-? Does wasting start this quickly following exposure? What advice can you offer?

Response from Ms. Fields-Gardner

Wasting is not exclusive to HIV-infected individuals. It happens for a lot of different reasons and can be a symptom of cancer and other conditions. There are also different types of wasting of tissues. Yours could be muscle or fat or both.

What you describe sounds like you have had some testing to diagnose such things as malabsorption and such, but it would have to be pretty severe to cause such noticable changes in such a short period of time. Also, since you are HIV-negative it is unlikely that there is a relationship between your exposure and such severe events. You will want to look for some different reasons and should start with your doctor to ask these questions.

HGH side effects reversible?
re: you have been right all along [non-HIV]