not facial, but calf and forearm wasting

Maybe you have answered this one about wasting. I don't have facial wasting. I have wasting in my calves and forearms and breast area. Why? The veins protrude terribly bad. I am a woman 30+ and can not even wear shorts. I am so embarassed. Please help me.....

Response from Dr. Moyle

People vary in the amount of fat they have in different parts of the body and so some people find that the loss of fat becomes most evident in one area the body another person who has the same amount of fat loss may notice it in a different area. In some ways you can feel grateful that it is not your face, as most people find loss of fat on the face to be the most stigmatising and socially affecting aspect of fat loss. Things that may be helpful to manage the problem may include modifying components of your therapy and adding in new agents which gradually help fat recover (e.g. both rosiglitazone and growth hormone have been reported to lead to either appearances of more fat, or improved appearance. You should talk to your doctor about what might be the best approach for you.

Best regards

Graeme Moyle

Gum wasting at early stage
Hormones?