Testosterone

Dr. Moyle,

I have been positive for 6 mo. now and am debating taking testosterone injections. I am not testosterone deficient and would like to know what to expect taking enanthate at 200mg a week. I have taken testosterone in the past and it has done wonders for my depression and fatigue(no anti-depressants from my psych. have ever worked for me.) Am i crazy for debating this...it is the only thing that has ever helped me... Thanks

Response from Dr. Moyle

I have never understood why somebody with a normal level of a natural hormonal would wish to take a synthetic hormone that would suppress their own natural hormones and has not been studied in setting. Add to this the available evidence that low testosterone may be more common in people with HIV and that permanently low testosterone may be triggered by the administration of synthetic testosterones and anabolic steroids and you can begin to understand my reasons for discouraging this approach. Administration of anabolic steroids, but not specifically synthetic testosterones, is associated with a physiological and psychological dependency which during withdrawal may present with symptoms of fatigue and depression. It is possible that you have benefited from synthetic testosterones in the past for this reason. For the time being I would suggest working on your mental and physical well-being through means other than taking hormones

I hope this helps

Graeme

fat injections versus new-fill
Radiance Bioform