paranoia or stupidity?

This is a serious question about something that has me extremely worried, but it may sound very stupid. I am 41 and hiv positive. Blood work good. No meds. But my inner thighs, which used to be huge, are skinny and my tummy is large even though I bike and walk everyday. I am 5 feet 11 and 190 pounds. Weight has been the same for the past 5 years. My question is this: How can someone determine if body changes are hiv-related or a result of entering ones 40s? I have no concept of what my body is supposed to be like at this age because I feel like I am 18 inside!!!! I always thought adulthood meant feeling like an adult! Please let me know if I can tell if I am wasting or if I am just getting physically old while feeling like a kid.

Response from Dr. Moyle

Unfortunately our bodies do deteriorate as we get older despite maintaining exercise patterns which kept us in good condition a few years earlier. By the sound of it you don't really had any risk factors for losing extra muscle or having any wasting. It may be worthwhile talking to your dietician and to your gym trainer about modifying your program to see if you can hold on to the younger body a little longer. It may also be worth considering talking to your father or brothers about whether they experienced the same changes when they were your age.

I have this helps

Graeme Moyle

Sustiva/combivir = wasting?
HAVE MERCY.....................ITS ALL THE WAY FROM {INDIA}