Doctor Considering Human Growth Hormone

Hello, Dr. Moyle. I'm writing because I just started HAART treatment about two weeks ago, and I'm being treated for a mild case of PCP. During these two weeks, I've lost about 9 pounds. My doctor wants to consider putting me on some type of Human Growth Hormone treatment, but I'm reluctant to do so. First of all, it sounds very expensive, and second, it sounds like a perhaps excessively aggressive approach. Aren't there other methods to explore improving one's weight? I mean, anything, protein shakes, supplements, etc.? I don't want to end up looking like a stick, but I also don't want to "jump the gun" and start yet another treatment (in addition to the PCP and HAART meds) that seems expensive and drastic. Your opinion would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

RR.

Response from Dr. Moyle

I think you're probably right. Usually when somebody's had an illness they've lost weight and muscle mass because of poor intake and reduced physical activity. Now that the PCP is treated and getting started on HAART you're likely to gain weight naturally and if you do this in conjunction with returning to your normal levels of physical activity you'll gradually get your old body, however good or bad that may have been, back.

Best wishes

Graeme Moyle

facial wasting probable cause - Zerit
BEST REGIMEN FOR WASTING