Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Lipodystrophy and WastingLipodystrophy and Wasting

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

transdermal patches
Jul 10, 2003

I am a 42yo man with high blood pressure. I am 230 lbs and am considering Testerone replacement (Transdermal patch) to help boost my energy.I also plan to eat a proper diet drink plenty of water and exercise every day. My question is in my search I have come across two different kinds of transdermal patches. Testoderm/androderm needs a perscription and Testdren(Penxadione) that does not . what is the difference and do they both work?

Thanks!!!!!

Response from Dr. Moyle

The firts thing to know is if you are consistently low in testosterone. If your free testosterone levels are normal then testosterone supplements are not what you need for the fatigue. If your levels are low, on several occasions, androgel seems to be the best choice in terms of establishing testosterone ester levels that are most similar to physiologic levels throughout the day

Best Wishes

Graeme

Previous
Deca Absorbsion
Next
my eyes are red

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.