lypodistrophy and my meds

I am a 44 yr old male who seroconverted very early in the 80's. I began tripple therapy in '96 and after trying numerous meds have been using azt, ddi and viracept with good result and little side affect for at least 4 yrs. recently i have begun to notice the first effects of lypodistropy and my viral load has been rising (10,000ish?). I feel that a change in meds is probably on the horizen. So, my question is can you recomend a regiemen that is less likely to cause any more wasting? In particular anything new considering that i do have resistance to many of the old meds.??? Thank You

Response from Dr. Moyle

Obviously drug choice will be influenced by resistance choices but most likely you will need an NNRTI plus 2 or 3 NRTIs. Your first combo is likely to be a good choice from this stand point...sparing 3TC to build you new regimen. The drugs that look most benign for lipoatrophy, along with NNRTI and 3TC are Abacavir and tenofovir. Good luck

Graeme

Nu-Fill Injections
Why is my doctor putting me threw Hell?