facial wasting

Hi Dr Moyle, I really would like a reply to my messages sent to you, so far this is my 3rd one without getting a reply. I am from Brighton UK, and am suffering from facial wasting only and nowhere else, my local gp says i have lost weight on the face and now look gaunt. I am on combiver/nevaripine with very good results so am very happy with this combo and do not want change. Before i see my hiv doc, i want to know what options are available to me and perhaps sort this problem . Thanks for the advice. Mark

Response from Dr. Moyle

There are several possibilities. The Brighton HIV clinic is participating in a trial where people on AZT (part of combivir)or d4T are switching therapy to either tenofovir or abacavir, drugs thought to allow fat to recover. The study will involve special scans to measure the rate of fat restoration.

There are also increasing efforts to make NewFill available in the UK on the NHS....again the Doctors in Brighton can tell you their plans. If you have some spare cash and your doctor agrees it would help you could get NewFill privately via the distributor Medifill (contact Odile Brennan by calling 020 84441668) I hope this helps

I try to answer all questions in the order they arrive...

Graeme

Impotence if using Anadrol alone?
new fill