Doctor wants to change my meds due to lipo.

I have been HIV+ since 1985 and I am 35 years old. I have been taking Sustiva and combivir for 4 years now. My stomach and breast have gotten huge. After a year of complaining my doctor finally has agreed to change my meds, can you give me any advice as what med regimen would be best that have the least side effect of lipodystrophy.My doctor wants to continue to use AZT.

I have jumped from a size 12 to an 18 in my stomach and a c cup to a DD.. Are there any medications that would help reduce the fat?

Response from Dr. Moyle

I would consider dropping the AZT in favour of abacavir or tenofovir. However I would also recommend and endocrine (hormone) work-up and some test to check for insulin resistance/glucose intolerance before leaping to change. If these are abnormal other medications may help. A dietitian may also help especially if you are a little overweight. Good luck

Graeme

facial lypo/high fat diet
Impotence if using Anadrol alone?