can work out supplements be harmful

Thanks for all your input on this sight. I am 36 year old HIV positive man but I look and feel great; however, I may have some slight signs of wasting. I lift weights often and was planning to take some fat burning supplements. Do you think that there is any chance that fat burning products could possibly exacerbate wasting? Thanks, Joe in Massachusetts

Response from Ms. Fields-Gardner

There are a couple of types of wasting we could be concerned about here. First is the potential for muscle wasting. Second is the potential for fat wasting.

If you have a specific "fat-burning" product in mind, I could look into it. Other than that I would more generally say that if the wasting is muscle-based, the process of fat burning may be less of a problem. If, however, your signs of "wasting" have to do with fat losses under the skin, looking for such supplements may present a problem.

Staying healthy is "king" in the pursuit of exercise, diet, and supplemental strategies. So, you may want to consider taking info into a meeting with a dietitian and have products more specifically evaluated to determine the potential for effects in your case.

Best wishes!

Niacin and abdominal accumulation of fat
oxandrin for lipo?