advice

Hi, I am in Brighton UK and am hiv positive, I am taking nevaripine/combiver with good results and have been taking tretment for two years.I am experiencing facial wasting only and wonder what if anything can be done about. I did see my local gp the other week and he said i look more gaunt. Any advice would be helpful.

Response from Dr. Moyle

There are several possibilities. The Brighton HIV clinic is participating in a trial where people on AZT (part of combivir)or d4T are switching therapy to either tenofovir or abacavir, drugs thought to allow fat to recover. The study will involve special scans to measure the rate of fat restoration.

There are also increasing efforts to make NewFill available in the UK on the NHS....again the Doctors in Brighton can tell you their plans. If you have some spare cash and your doctor agrees it would help you could get NewFill privately via the distributor Medifill (contact Odile Brennan by calling 020 84441668) I hope this helps

Graeme

buff hump
Nufil experience