|Blood Sugar Question
Jun 22, 2003
My latest Lab, Blood Sugar is 120. Is that bad and what does that mean. My doc Said we was going to watch it and for me not to eat much sweets.
Response from Dr. Moyle
For a routine (unfasted) sample on a single occasion it is not of concern. If you have symptoms suggestive of diabetes (thirst, urinating a lot), a strong family history or were taking drugs that might unmask diabetes (like some protease inhibitors) your doctor could arrange a fasting blood sugar then a glucose tolerance test as well as testing HbA1c a marker of longer term sugar control in the blood.
fat gain in my abdomen
- Sex With A Prostitute Scared I Have AIDS
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Night Sweats After Getting Head Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Open Mouth Kissing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Eyes After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.