fat gain in my abdomen

I have been hiv positive for over 15 years and full blown for nearly 3. I did not start hiv meds until 10/7/2002. Now I'm experiencing bloating in my abdomen but am not on Crixivan. I am on viramune and Combivir. Is this fat build up in my midsection a result of these two drugs and should I be concerned with contracting Diabetes?

Response from Dr. Moyle

Bloating usually means gas rather than fat. It would seem unlikely that you would get fat accumulation so quickly on this combo. I presume that you have not simply gained a lot of extra weight since starting meds. I may be worth your doctor assessing you from a gastrintestinal point of view to address the bloating. I certainly wouldn't rush to blame the medications

Best Wishes

Graeme

can suction surgery help?
Blood Sugar Question