lipoatrophy

Owing to lipoatrophy my doctor suggested to sustitute zerit with viread. Now my theraphy is sustiva, viread and videx (reduced from 400 to 250). Before changing my viral load was <50 and my cd4 around 400. I wonder if this combination is ok to contrast lipoatrophy and if it can be assumed altogether at empty stomach before going to sleep. thanks Pedro

Response from Dr. Moyle

The main study with Viread/epivir/Sustiva had essentially no reports of lipoatrophy (1% lipodystrophy after 96 weeks) so it should be a helpful switch. The Viread and ddI inter action means you no longer have to worry about fasting to take the videx so just take all 3 pills in the evening together regardless of whether you have eaten or not. I really makes dosing easier

Best Wishes

Graeme

mixing serostim
Suggestions To Promote Weight Gain