Oxandrin / HGH / Hep C

I have HIV and Hep C, yet went on the year long treatment with IFN and Ribaviran and maintain an undetectible VL (<135) approx. 14 months after stopping. I am currently on Sustiva and Combivir. Additionally, I have Aetna private ins. I have two unrelated questions. First, is there any chance I can get my ins. to pay for HGH for my buffalo hump that is now causing pain in my neck an shoulder ? Second question, is Oxandrin safe for my liver at 20 mg. per day ? My ALT and AST average around 72 and 70, respectively. Thank you, in advance, for your help.

Response from Dr. Moyle

Your doctor is the best one to advise on access to HGH. While it is known to help buffalo hump at least transiently it is not approved for this indication. Detail on access to HGH can be found at http://www.aidswasting.com/aids/ssdp_patients.html

Oxandrin and other anabolics may disturb liver function and are rarely associated with cirrhosis of the liver. You've worked hard to treat your Hep C and protect your liver from scarring. Why take a drug which could make that happen?

I hope that helps

Best

Graeme

HGh to help wasting from the state?
HIV wasting or anxiety