Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Lipodystrophy and WastingLipodystrophy and Wasting

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HGh to help wasting from the state?
Jun 17, 2003

Hi Doc Moyle, My doctor prescribed HGH injections to put weight on me for aids wasting. But my health insurance doesn't want to approve the prescription. Its been 2 weeks and they still keep asking the doctor for more information, its a hastle and I dont really understand it all. Heres my question. Someone mentioned to me that if I went to the "State" (Im in New Jersey) for help they would give me the Growth Hormone for free. Have you ever heard of that? If so, how would I go about contacting them. Any advise you have would be much appreciated. Thank you for being there and always giving great advice.

Appreciately, Bob

Response from Dr. Moyle

Dear Bob, I am not a US based doctor so can answer about state by state differences in drug access. I know there have been concerns about use of HGH outside the approved indication and because it is very expensive. Thats why your doctor needs to provide clear documentation to your HMO that you qualify. Once you get access you will find it is a very beneficial agent for weight gain and that it helps normalise your body shape. I would suggest being patient and working closely with your doctor to get access. The link below may also provide some helpful advice. http://www.aidswasting.com/aids/ssdp_patients.html

Best Wishes

Graeme

Previous
Drink and Pill for Lipodystrophy - do they work? Can they work?
Next
Oxandrin / HGH / Hep C

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.