|Lipodystrophy and Treatment During Acute HIV Infection Stage
Jun 16, 2003
I was exposed to the HIV virus about 5 weeks ago. I'm now considering antiviral treatment. However, since I've never been on any HIV medication, I would prefer to be on the combination that has the least chance of producing lipodystrophy. I understand I'll most likely be on the medication for 12 months before taking a break.
Response from Dr. Moyle
The risk of lipoatrophy on any of the meds is low (say <5%) over one year and may be especially low if you are young (<40 yo) and start with a CD4 greater than 200. Limiting use of d4T and protease inhibitors should further limit risk
Cost for Radiance
does a buffalo hump ever stabilize?
- Floaters After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Touching Penis Worried I Have HIV
- How Much Does It Cost To Get Tested For Stds?
- How Soon After Sex Can You Tell If You Contracted An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.