Bread and Triglyceride

My fasting triglyceride level is 374 mg/dl. My doctor has advised me to avoid eating bread (white) for one month and advised to come for another check. Is it OK?

Response from Ms. Fields-Gardner

"Simple" carbohydrates have been known to increase blood sugars in people who have a glucose intolerance and such a change can add to the problem of high triglycerides. If you have a glucose tolerance problem and normally consume a "whole lotta" white bread then it makes sense to switch over to something less likely to cause this problem. But there is more to it and getting the whole picture is not a bad idea.

Ask your doctor for a referral to your friendly HIV-specialist dietitian who will take a look at your normal diet and help you to make some choices to help out the situation. For instance, choosing some more "complex" carbs and spreading out your carb intake more evenly throughout the day is a good place to start. In addition, dietary fats (which types and how much) can come into play.

Whatever the final decision about diet changes, they should be as reasonable as possible and acceptable to you to live with. Good luck with this!

Oxandrin safe for exercise?
insulin resistance