CD4

My father knew , he has a HIV 2 weeks ago, his CD4 are 34, this is bad for him? how much?He is going to Elmhurst Hospital in New York and he does have a medicaid, his Social Worker speak English and she is doing nothing for his medicine and the hospital doesn have. The doctor give , he has to take convivir and cedra (i think so). The point is the hos[ital didnt give the medicine and we dont know how is the virus in his body because he has to wait the medicaid. Is my fahter in dangerus or tell me please, if my father wont take a medicine for one week more , what's goig on...and what side effect he will has without medicine? This a very import to me please ask my questions...wthat can I do for my fahter?

Response from Dr. Santana

YOUR father is in an advance stage of HiV/AIDS. He definitely needs medication as soon as possible. The regimen he needs consists of three drugs. Your social worker is key in getting medicaid approval as soon as possible. Be sure he is taking oral Septra DS daily to prevent a type of pneumonia for which he is at risk.

Wasting at the face
Ultrasound assisted liposuction