Changing drugs due to facial wasting/lipidostrophy??

My name is Brian...I have known of my HIV status since 83' I have only been on HIV meds since 96' 3tc & d4t my viral load went form 30,000 to under 200 and t-cell went from 175 to 450-500...I have been on only these 2 drugs for 7 years and am showing small signs of facial wasting...I am wondering if its lipidostrophy...I have no other syptoms and my counts are still good...My doctor asks me to change d4t to viread...Should i chnage my regimine since its work so well for so long due to facial wasting???

Response from Dr. Moyle

Dear Brian This is a tough one....I would need to be clear that you were getting facial wasting not just the normal face changes that accompany getting older before considering a change. Still, it probably better to switch before changes get obvious rather than try and recover lost fat. In general, I would prefer to switch to a triple regimen just in case. If you want to stiick just with nucleosides say use viread, ziagen epivir or consider using viread epivir sustiva (that could also be all once a day). Any therapy change could lead to someinitial side effects but they are likely to be short lived and with help maintain that great treatment success indefinitely

Best Wishes

Graeme

Boils and Darkening of my lips,Skin
HGH, good and bad