Boils and Darkening of my lips,Skin

for one whole mont i have suffered from boils on my buttocks, and a few painful little bumps on my lips. I strongly think that my meds are the cause of this. I am on combivir, and Kaletra. The meds are working well for me, but i think they are a bit strong for me. I found out about my self 1 year ago. I also have darkening of my lips.......What could be the cause of this, and what can i do?

Response from Dr. Moyle

I don't think these have anything to do with HIV meds. Sometimes spots get worse as the immune system recovers or when your hormone levels change or when you are stressed but if you are one of those people who are prone to pimples and spots the buttocks are a common place for them to happen. Any area where inflammation occurs is prone to get darker or 'hyperpigmented' for a while after. Sound like your meds are doing a good job so stick with them and avoid blaming things that happen on your meds. Folks got spots a long long time before HIV came along

Best Wishes

Graeme

buffalo hump growing while off drugs?
Changing drugs due to facial wasting/lipidostrophy??