For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

silicone Safe?

I acquired hiv in the past year and just tested pos in March 2003. I still look good bit my cheecks have alyways been a little hallowed. I am thinking of getting solicone implants they advertise for lypo. Is it safe? This was I can use it preventively in case I suffer from hiv related wasting if I ever get it.

Response from Dr. Moyle

You can find information on silicone at

Silicone injections have not been reported to reduce the risk of lipodystrophy which is mostly a generalised problem. You decision to have this treatment should be independent of your HIV status.

Good luck

Drug Holiday to Address Lipodystrophy
Searching for a difficult solution