Self Esteem & Lipo

I am a positive 28 yr.old female, new mom (- baby...thank god!), and in serious need of some inspiration. Since having my baby my breast size has gone from a C to a DD and there is no sign of them going back to a C. At first I thought it was the pregnancy but it's been 8 months and they keep getting bigger. Needless to say this is effecting my self esteem as my arms and legs and butt (what butt?) have become very skinny.

I have recently joined a clinical trial to go off meds. Before I stopped meds, tcells 1253 & VL <50. I am happy that I am going to monitored while off meds but I am getting nervous that this lipodystrophy will remain regardless if I am on meds or not. What is your experience with women and reversing lipo?

Response from Dr. Moyle

In my experience going off meds often helps reduce that fat accumulation manifestations quite quickly (say 3-6 months) but it may take much longer for the fat loss stuff to improve (say >6 months often > 1 year). Evidence to date sugests that lipodytrophy is at least partially reversible with drug switching so a complete rest from meds should also be helpful. Starting exercise again may also help get your butt back Whatever, during a treatment interuption make sure you are monitered carefully

Good luck

Graeme

CURIOUS
What is considered a healthy diet and regular exercise?