Which one to switch?

Please, I have sent you a question important for me last may, 28. It was about consider switching viracept to sustiva, as my doctor wants, or zerit to abacavir or other med of this family not having the severe facial lipoatrophy I'm suffering now. I have to see my doctor next week , ans I need some consistent advice. Could you help, please.

Thanks to you all in the site for giving us support and ways to think we are all allways capable to get an allmost full life.

Response from Dr. Moyle

Both switches may be beneficial although the timelines for benefit should be seen as a minimum of 6 months- 1 year. Do not do both switches at the same time just in case you get side effects. Given that your doctor knows your past treatment history and any risks of resisnce you my wish to do the Nelfinavir to efavirenz first, wait 6 weeks than do the d4T to abacavir switch. If you are intolerant to abacavir tenofovir may also be an option

Good luck

Graeme

re SilSkin
CURIOUS