Injectable B12

Thanks for your help on this site, I really appreciate it. Is Injectable B12 good or bad when you are HIV + My trainer was saying it could be good to have a shoot every week, will help me to stay in good shape. Is it true ?

B-12 is probably the most researched vitamin in HIV with 97 citations in the National Library of Medicine data base. However, no one has proven yet whether it is better to take it orally, under the tongue,nasally, or by injection. I have tried all and I am very biased towards the injections (1000 micrograms once or twice a week). I (and many people I have talked to in my seminars) can feel more energy, appetite and mood, but the effect wears off withing 2-4 days. It is a water based vitamin that your body metabolizes in the kidneys to discharge any excess.

You need a prescription if you will go for the injections and 23 gauge - 1 inch serynges. Some people with wasting and malnutrition have low B-12 in their blood. Your doctor can check for that. Most of us have normal B-12 if we are healthy. But I use it anyway when I am very run down and my appetite is bad. Talk to your doctor about this since you need his approval for the prescription.

Lipodystrophy without meds
please advise