Magic treatment?

Hi Can you comment on what type of treatment Magic Johnson uses to combat wasting/lypodystrophy? (He is currently >25 lbs. over his pre-HIV, basketball playing weight). I heard he went to Africa to obtain some type of immune system enhancer. It seems to be working well for him 12+ years after positive diagnosis. Thank you.

Response from Dr. Moyle

I cannot comment on any individuals care. There is no magic formula to staying well beyound taking every dose of meds, having regular check-ups with your doctor and dietitian, eating well and exercising and keeping well educated about HIV. Taking substances that have not been studied and may interact with your HIV meds and have unknown side effects can put all the other effors at risk. Best Wishes Graeme

TRIZIVIR + SUSTIVA
Changing My Meds to Hopefully Lessen the Severity of My Lipodystrophy