TRIZIVIR + SUSTIVA

SINCE OCT 2001 I AM TAKING TRIZIVIR + SUSTIVA. MY VIRAL LOAD HAS SINCE THEN BECAME UNDETECTABLE, AND MY CD4 WENT UP FROM 170 TO 370. EVENTHOUG, I WONDER IF IT IS O.K. TO TAKE ABACAVIR (IN TRIZIVIR) AND EFAVIRENZ (IN SUSTIVA) AT THE SAME TIME, OR EVENTUALLY DROP SUSTIVA IN THE FUTURE AND KEEP ONLY WITH TRIZIVIR. THANKS.

Response from Dr. Moyle

This is currently being investigated in a trial (called 'Time') which will report in about 12-18 months time. Until then, if you are not have problems I would stick with it. It may be the drug you will want to drop by then is the AZT. Your Doctor should here the news on the study on sites like this one Best Wishes Graeme

Lipodystrophy Link
Magic treatment?