facial and rear end wasting

I am begining to notice facial and a few other area of wasting. I work out 3 to 4 x a week. I feel I eat very well some time I eat more fat then I should but I don't seem to have the probem of keeping it. What can I do in my diet to help with the wasting.I have a very well balance carbs and protein diet.When I go out on the weekend I might have 3 or 4 beers a week but no more until I go out again. Does beer have an effect on wasting that you might know of? What is your oppinion on Testosterone and HGH which works best or are they the same? What surgical options do I have for wasting and how long will they last? What are the effects of the surgery on the face and health of my body? What can I do with the help of Med. to slow down or reverse the wasting problem I am having. I don't want to stop working out. I have all but stop running because of the wasting. If you can't help can you direct me in the way of web site that might have helpful tips or answers to some of the problems I am having. Also what do you think about (Cell-Tech) it contains 10 grams of creatine 200mg of insulin-potentiating alpha lipoic acid or protein drinks. I know the Cell-Tech) puts alot of water in your muscle and when you stop using it the effect stop. They seem to be good for muscles but I don't use them now but I use to.

Thanks for any help.

Brett P.

Response from Dr. Moyle

There's a lot of questions there! Firstly, you diet sounds great. A bit of alcohol is not harmful, exercise is good and plently of fibre and omega-3 fats (fish, canola oil) are healthy too. Still, it would be worth talking to your dietician to have a full professional opinion on it. At a basic level its a clear well done! A good diet is always better that supplements. Testosterone is only good if your levels are too low...check with your doctor on your Testosterone levels. Too much male hormone and you will waste fat in exchange for muscle ..not what you need. Growth hormone can do the same but may help fat accumulations.It effects may be short lived. Some surgical interventions are at least of transient (2-3 years) benefit (see other questions in this forum). Some are worth investigating as 'quick fixes'.

I hope that is helpful

Best wishes

Graeme Moyle

Changing drugs due to facial wasting/lipidostrophy
steriods to gain weight