Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Lipodystrophy and WastingLipodystrophy and Wasting

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Follow-up on New Fill Treatments
May 9, 2003

I am writing to provide feedback on my results with New-Fill. A little more than a year ago, I began New-Fill treatments (six total) with Dr. Frechette in NYC. The results were incredible. The gaunt look disappeared from my face, and people actually thought I had a face lift. One year later, I went back and had another treatment as a "touch-up" even though I really didn't need it, and I have to tell you, it really has been a blessing for me. The few thousand dollars (approx 3000)I spent for this treatment was money well spent. New Fill is not for everyone...results can vary depending on all kinds of factors. But for me, it has allowed me to look in the mirror and once again like what I see looking back. I am 51 years old, have been HIV+ for over 15 years, I am undetectable with viral load hovering in the 600's with a 24 factor. The most important thing I've learned through this whole process is to be diligent in taking your meds, and do what you need to do for the wasting. For me, it was either New-Fill, or years of counseling. I just wanted to write to give other brothers and sisters out there suffering from things such as facial wasting some hope.

Thank you for posting this message.

Response from Dr. Moyle

That's great news. Lets hope the FDA can work towards getting NewFill aproved for wider use in the US

Graeme

Previous
Can this supplement help?
Next
Can Lipo NOT happen?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.