Can this supplement help?

Dear Doct, I'm considering Symbiotropin to improve lipoatrophy. I'm HIV+, taking Norvir, Fortovase, Epivir, Tenofivi. CD4 at 320 and VL <50. Is it safe? Please let me know. Thank you Maurizio

Response from Dr. Moyle

I am not familiar with this substance but not supplements have yet been proven to have any benefit for lipoatrophy and some have interactions with HIV drugs which may impact the success of the therapy garlic supplements and St John's wort being 2 well know examples). The regimen you are on should be pretty low risk for further progression of fat loss and should allow recovery of some fat over time. I would stick with that for now Best Wishes

Graeme Moyle

AZT Switch
Follow-up on New Fill Treatments