Apr 24, 2003
Hi Dr. Moyle
Did you know a moyle is a mouth in german?
Anyway, on with my question...
Do most people experience muscle wasting before or after the onset of (HIV related) chronic fatigue?
Response from Dr. Moyle
Actually, mund is mouth in German.
Fatigue and muscle wasting are not necessarily related. If a wasting condition is present the person is likely to have fatigue, whereas fatigue is only rarely a prelude of wasting. Fatigue has many causes, usually it is hard to find quite why someone is very fatigued. Nutrition and psychological state are probably the most important ones.
- If You Keep Getting Vaginal Infections In Your Vagina, Do That Mean You Have HIV?
- Are Red Dots On Tongue And Swollen Lymph Nodes Signs Of Hiv?
- Can PEP Treatment Effect The Antibody Tests Used For HIV?
- Can You Get Ars 9 Weeks After Exposure?
- False Hiv Test ELISA/Western Blot
- Gay Oral Sex Multiple Partners
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.