Apr 24, 2003
Hi Dr. Moyle
Did you know a moyle is a mouth in german?
Anyway, on with my question...
Do most people experience muscle wasting before or after the onset of (HIV related) chronic fatigue?
Response from Dr. Moyle
Actually, mund is mouth in German.
Fatigue and muscle wasting are not necessarily related. If a wasting condition is present the person is likely to have fatigue, whereas fatigue is only rarely a prelude of wasting. Fatigue has many causes, usually it is hard to find quite why someone is very fatigued. Nutrition and psychological state are probably the most important ones.
- Red Spots After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Touching Vaginal Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- What Do I Have If I Got Thrush On My Tongue?
- What Does Hpv Mean In Medical Terms?
- What Medicine Do They Use For Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.