|Facial wasting vs. lipoatrophy
Apr 14, 2003
Welcome to the site! I have been a fan of this area for a while.
What really is the difference between facial wasting and lipoatrophy? Are they the same thing?
This is a source of constant confusion for me.
Response from Dr. Moyle
Lipoatrophy is loss of fat, it could be anywhere:local or general, whereas facial wasting is specifically just about fat (and possibly muscle)loss in the face. In persons with HIV and body shape chages the face is sometimes the only place affected and certainly most ofthen the most obvious place affected. The face may be managed by some cosmetic treatments (sometimes called 'fillers')that are not practical to use elsewhere.
AZT and Facial Wasting
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Sex With A Prostitute
- Bloody Urine After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Hands After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.