ventral hernia?

I am HIV+ X 25 =/- years. Diagnosed with AIDS in 1996. AT that time wasting was present in arms and legs and fat disappeared from subcutaneous area of gut; then followed enlargening gut with ventral hernia. Two years ago I started testosterone (I'm 62 y.o. male) and muscle mass has definitely increased in arms and legs but ventral hernia remains. Facial wasting not apparent. What can be done if anything about ventral hernia--I understand pregnancy will give rise to this at times--?

On 4 antivirals with good CD4s and no evident serum virus. Pravachol 80 mg q.d. is given to keep cholesterol under 300 and triglycerides lower.

Brian

Response from Ms. Fields-Gardner

A similar question has come up before and below you will find a link to that bit of information. I have seen "inny" belly buttons become "outy" belly buttons in cases of visceral fat accumulation in the abdominal area, but have not seen a particular treatment other than surgery when it is necessary. You may want to ask for a referral to a surgeon for an evaluation.

Ventral Hernia and HIV

Facial Wasting & Loss of Muscle Mass
Cade Please help me to understand